Longfellow Early Learning Center
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) offers classes, programs and services for families with young children from birth to kindergarten age. Our licensed Early Childhood and Parent Educators partner with you to offer meaningful and fun learning opportunities for your child.
ECFE Programs and Services: ECFE Classes, Home Visits, Parent Networks and Personal Phone Consultations.
Transportation: Is available if needed, call 612.668.2126
Fee: ECFE Classes are priced on a sliding fee schedule based on family income.
Registration process: You may apply online or call 612.668.2127 for registration information and materials.
High Five is a half-day preschool program from 9:40am -12:40pm for Minneapolis children who:
- Turn four years old by September 1.
- Start kindergarten the following fall.
Fee: MPS is required by state law to establish a sliding fee scale for High Five students.
- The sliding fee scale establishes a recommended amount of payment for service based on family income and family size. See Preschool Fee Agreement - updated April 2020 (Hmong, Somali, Spanish)
- No child will be excluded because of their family's inability to pay. The fee for High Five is waived for children who qualify for free and/or reduced priced lunch or who receive special education services. Families that do not qualify for free and/or reduced price lunch will be charged based on the sliding fee scale.
Teacher-Student ratio is 2:20 = There are 20 students per class maximum with 1 licensed Teacher and 1 Associate Educator
Registration process: You may apply online, complete a school request card, or call 612.668.1840 for registration information and materials.
Teen Parent Services (TPS)
Teen Parent Services provides case management and child care services for Student-Parents (pregnant and parenting) and their children while they earn their High School Diploma.
Case Management: TPS District Social Worker, connects Student-Parents (pregnant and parenting) with resources within schools:
- Prenatal and Parent Education
- Homebound Tutors
- Early Learning Center options
and community resources:
- MVNA Public Health Nurse
- Non-profit organizations that provide diapers, housing, job search and legal services
Early Learning Centers (Child Care Services): TPS offers licensed onsite childcare services to children of Student-Parents, aged 6 weeks to 5 years old, at MPS District locations.
Transportation: Door-to-door transportation for Student-Parents and their child(ren) living in Minneapolis.
Registration process: contact TPS at 612.668.4703.